Day 6 of the 12 Days of BADASSNESS
On The Sixth Day of BADASSNESS Travis gave to me…
–> 6 Hang Squat Cleans @ Your Bodyweight (or the heaviest you can handle with good form and technique)
The Squat Clean has got to be one of my favorite movements.
Like the snatch, it’s a complex movement and one that takes time to get down, but when you learn how to properly do it, it’s a fun movement to do.
Squats cleans are a great combination of both power and strength that also require you have a good amount of mobility.
Like with a lot of complex barbell movements, if you lack in mobility, you’re going to struggle with the squat clean.
Like with the snatch from day #3, it’s all about progressing ahead.
Check out the video for the details:
Squat Clean Tips and Tricks:
- Mobility is everything, especially the ability to get the barbell into “the rack position”
- For FULL squat cleans, you’ve got to have excellent wrist, shoulder, upper back, hip, and ankle mobility – lack in mobility = problems
- Bar path is highly important
- It’s not about getting the bar “higher”, it’s about getting UNDER the bar faster
- Get better at the Front Squat, you’ll not have many problems with the Squat Clean
Key Squat Clean Progressions:
High Hang Power Clean
High Hang Power Clean + Front Squat
Hang Power Clean
Hang Power Clean + Front Squat
Hang Squat Clean
Squat Clean Swap In Movements:
Double DB or KB or Sandbag or Med Ball Squat Cleans
Single Arm DB or KB Squat Cleans
***Regress to Power Clean if need be
The Challenge for Day 6 of 12 Days of BADASSNESS:
a) 6 x Hang Squat Cleans @ BW (or heaviest weight you can handle with good form and technique)
b) 5 x Thrusters @ heaviest weight you can handle
c) 4 x 20 secs on / 10 secs off Tabata rounds of KB American Swings
d) 3 x Snatch @ BW (or heaviest weight you can handle for a triple)
e) 2 x TGU’s / side @ 70# KB
f) 1 x 25 Burpees
There’s NO turning back now!
We’re half way through!
***Make sure to keep up with your progress by posting up in the comments below!
Live and Train Aggressive!
PS – Get Better at the Olympic Lifts = Get BETTER Results!
- Mobility for the Olympic Lifts
- Warm Ups for Olympic Lifting
- Full Breakdown of ALL the Olympic Lifts Breakdown
- Full “Mastery” Training Sequence
- Build More Muscle, Strength, and Power