Day 3 of the 12 Days of BADASSNESS
Here we go right into day number 3.
On The Third Day of BADASSNESS Travis gave to me…
–> 3 Snatches @ Your Bodyweight (or the heaviest you can handle for a unbroken triple)
The Snatch is by far one of the most complex movements there is when it comes to barbell movements.
It’s in itself a big part of an actual Olympic Sport.
It takes years to get down the snatch, but this doesn’t mean it’s impossible to do.
It’s all just a matter of progressions.
Check out the video for the details:
Snatching Tips and Tricks:
- Mobility is everything – shoulders, hips, ankles – lack in mobility = problems
- Bar path is everything
- For the FULL Snatch – The Set Up is key
Key Snatch Progressions:
High Hang Muscle Snatch
High Hang Power Snatch
Hang Muscle Snatch
Hang Power Snatch
Hang Power Snatch + OH Squat
Power Snatch + OH Squat
Snatch Swap In Movements:
Double DB or KB Snatch
Single Arm DB or KB Snatch
a) 3 x Snatch @ BW (or heaviest weight you can handle for a triple)
b) 2 x TGU’s / side @ 70# KB
c) 1 x 25 Burpees
9 Days left and counting.
Stay with it
Stay up to date and post up your progress in the comments below!
Live and Train Aggressive!
PS – It’s time YOU Master the Olympic Lifts
- Component #1 – Mobility and Strength Assessment
- Component #2 – Corrective Mobility Warmup
- Component #3 – Full Biomechanics Breakdown
- Component #4 – Rapid Mastery Training Sequence
- Component #5 – High Quality, Instructional Videos